What exactly are LED Flood Lights?
Floodlights guide a beam of light to illuminate a larger area or space and are typically as bright as daylight. They can have a wide range of lights, like street lights or stadium lights, or they can have narrower beams, like stage or performance lights.
Why Should You Use LED Flood Lights?
- Savings on Energy. Installing and operating outdoor lighting fixtures like an LED Flood light saves a lot of energy over time. These brighter light sources produce more lumens per watt – that is, more lumens for every watt consumed by the light fixture – than non-LED lights. Best of all, LED flood lights from Yibai LED Lighting can save up to 60% more energy than metal halide flood lights.
- Durability. LED Flood lights are thoroughly tested before they are manufactured. LED lights in general have a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours. LED floodlights perform well in cold temperatures, often down to -20°C, and are resistant to shock and vibration. They are an ideal solution for locations that are difficult to reach with traditional technologies due to their long lifespan.
- High CRI. LED Flood lights have a high color rendering index (CRI), which means they reproduce colors as close to natural daylight as possible.
Choosing the Wattage for LED Flood Lights
- Low-wattage floodlights are typically ideal for illuminating footpaths or doorways that require a small amount of light on a regular basis. These lights frequently provide ample lighting for residential areas or very small areas around commercial buildings.
- Wattage in the middle (40-80 Watts). Mid-wattage lights consume between 40 and 90 watts. They are ideal for illuminating areas with moderate brightness, such as small yards, gardens, or driveways.
- High watts (100 Watts or more). Flood lights are considered “high wattage” once the power reaches triple digits. They are required for parking lot lighting, roadway lighting, and other municipal or commercial lighting requirements.
Flood Lighting vs Spot Lighting
Flood lights produce more light than spotlights and have a wider beam angle (up to 120 degrees). LED Flood lights, on the other hand, are larger and less sensitive than spotlights, which are small and compact. LED flood lights have a greater range than spotlights, which provide a narrow “spot” of light (reaching up to 45 degrees). Spotlights emit narrow beams of light that are designed to draw attention to a specific location. As a result, they’re frequently used to light garage doors, restaurants, and museums. Floodlights are used to illuminate large areas such as driveways, warehouses, and parking lots. Check out this article if you’re trying to decide between spotlights and floodlights for your project or business.
Flood lights are useful in a variety of industries and applications
Flood lights provide needed illumination in areas where bright, clear visibility is required, such as airports and construction sites. When lighting large areas, Nova series LED Flood Luminaires can make your lighting even more effective and efficient. Here’s a closer look at the applications for which Nova Flood Luminaires are appropriate.
- Airports. Proper illumination of airport runways and taxiways is critical to the safe operation of an airport for both pilots and ground crew. With just one light pole, flood lights illuminate a large portion of the ground, ensuring that everyone on the plane and on the ground can use the area safely. When looking for new airport flood light luminaires, Nova LED Luminaires offer better color rendering and brighter illumination, as well as a longer lifespan.
- Seaports, like airports, must manage large, powerful moving vehicles on the water. Again, proper illumination is critical, and in the case of seaports, illumination that can withstand sea air while also reducing glare off the water is essential. Both concerns are easily addressed by NovaLED Flood Luminaires, which create a bright, well-lit port environment with no glare and no risk of corrosion from the moist, salty sea air.
- Construction. To meet critical deadlines, enormous amounts of work are completed in the construction industry after the sun goes down or in darker weather. Nova LED Flood Luminaires provide crisp, bright illumination, allowing construction workers to work around the clock when necessary, improving safety and productivity on the job site.
- Mining. Because underground mining operations are completely dark, mining lighting must provide excellent illumination. Nova LED Flood Luminaires have a color rendering index of more than 85, which means they are as close to natural sunlight as this type of light can get. Mining companies can provide their employees with clear visibility even underground by installing Nova LED Flood Luminaires. Yibai LED Flood Luminaries, with adjustable beam angles, provide any type of directional lighting, from long corridors to wide open areas.
Each of these applications has the same requirement: crisp, bright, clear lighting that illuminates a large area from a single light source. Nova LED Flood Luminaires now meet that requirement. Shop for your projects today and enjoy the benefits of LED lighting that is high efficient, durable, and long-lasting for your flood lighting needs.