Basketball is my passion! What about putting on a basketball court in your backyard? The good news is that it is one of the easiest backyard courts to build. And, once installed, you can have hours of basketball fun in the comfort of your own home. Install LED backyard basketball court lighting to avoid interruptions to your game and allow you to play whenever you want!
However, certain considerations must be made when lighting a backyard basketball court.
Height restrictions, proximity to the border, foot candle limitations, and so on are all part of the building codes. The height of the light pole may be limited by the building code.
This is when light spills into areas such as your neighbor’s property and causes them to be disturbed. Light spillage can be reduced by limiting the number of foot candles in your light.
This is also an important factor to consider when installing lighting for the court. The cost of the fixture, installation costs, maintenance costs, and operating costs are all involved. It is critical to select lighting from a reputable supplier in order to reduce operating and maintenance costs.
Let me show you how to plan your lighting
- Sport lighting standards are measured in “foot candles,” which refers to the amount of light per square foot. A backyard basketball court measures 30’*35′. The lighting required for this size court is 10-19 foot candles.
- Outdoor court lighting requirements differ from those of an indoor court.
- The amount of lighting required is also determined by the number of people watching. A backyard court will obviously have a small audience. As a result, you can install a lower light intensity.
- The lighting required by the basketball court is also determined by its size.
- Lighting should be adequate for the sidelines as well.
Following that, we’ll look at lighting fixtures.
Lighting solutions for a backyard basketball court include:
- Luminaires: Made of cast aluminum, they employ the lighting technology Pulse Start Metal Halide (PSMH), which ensures long life and low energy consumption.
- LED lighting: LED lighting is becoming more popular. This lighting has a high initial cost but is cost-effective in the long run. This is due to the low power consumption and long service life.
What are you waiting for now that you have all of this information? Install a backyard basketball court for hours of entertainment! Yibai LED lighting is a leading China-based company that provides backyard sports court equipment and lighting design. More information can be found by clicking here.